Winery Tour Weekends
Joing us July 19 & 20 for Art Among the Barrels. Meet the artists and see their art, each at a different winery, along with wine and food at each location. Enjoy art and wine together – a perfect pairing! See below for more details.
All the wineries are open for tours and tasting from 12-5 pm on the special weekends listed below. Meet the winemakers in person at the wineries. Taste classic favorites from grapes grown east of the mountains, as well as island-grown delights. Enjoy the lush surroundings and a meal at one of our many great island restaurants. Our 7 cozy artisanal wineries are mostly new on the scene but are already garnering awards and attention. Avoid the crowds and explore the peaceful beauty and charm of Bainbridge Island. We look forward to seeing you!
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR GROUPS OVER 6 PEOPLE: Our wineries are all very intimate (read: small) so if you are a group of more than 6 people, it will be difficult if not impossible for us to provide you with the high level of service that we like to provide and that you deserve. Therefore your best option is to break into smaller groups, and meet back up at a restaurant for dinner at the end of the day.
Details and notes on Art Among the Barrels weekend, July 19 & 20. All the wineries are open and have featured art. While not all wineries have details listed below, all will welcome your visit.
- Amelia Wynn Winery: featuring the wine, food, and farm culture-flavored art of Chris Witkowski (www.ChrisWitkowski.com). Also introducing a new patio area serving Pan d’Amore Pizza, and 20% off of summer wines.
- Bainbridge Vineyards will be featuring two Island artists. On display will be the work of Irene Clark, who hand collects all of the beautiful beach glass and agate in her one-of-a-kind candle lanterns. Scupture and jewelry by Anne Briggs will also be highlighted. Anne’s work is inspired by natural forms and made from hand-fabricated, mixed-metal ensembles.
- Perennial Vintners is hosting glass artist Kuy Hepburn. He’ll be showing (and selling) his multicolor wine glasses and multi color glass garden art. An island favorite!
- Eleven Winery will be featuring the work of Ian Thomas Keller, a Pacific Northwest artist who practices “Reverse Glass Painting”. Using special tools to apply the paint, Ian creates a style which mirrors early French impressionism.
2014 Winery Tour Weekend dates
- January 18-19
- February 15-16: Wine and Chocolate Weekend
- March 22-23: Local Cheese and Wine Weekend
- April 26-27: Spring Barrel Tasting
- May 24-26: Memorial Day Meat (charcuterie!)
- June 21-22
- July 19-20: Art Among the Barrels
- August 9-10: Fresh from the Farm
- August 30-September 1: Pre-Harvest Party!
- November 15-16
- December 6-7
As noted above, if your group is more than 6 people, please break up into smaller groups so that we can show you and other customers a good time.